Posted by hertswow on December 18, 2018 at 2:50 AM
Defra has now published the UK Government's Resources & Waste Strategy for England: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/resources-and-waste-strategy-for-england" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">link
- This sets out a long-term strategy rather than explicit policies.
- It proposes a policy direction consistent with previous announcements including the 25 Year Environment Plan..
- That direction is toward a circular economy of materials (or ambiguously, "resources").
- Initial media coverage focuses mainly on the topics of plastics and the "producer pays" principle.
- Some pre-existing targets are cited for 2030 and 2050.
- The chapter most relevant in this context is 3 – "Resource recovery and waste management".
Much will depend on the ensuing consultations, policies and measures for implementation!